Monday 16 June 2014

Building site luxury!



Hello

I always start my blog with an apology! It seems time goes by so quickly and I'm always surprised that I haven't blogged for a month!!

We are settling in albeit in a constant dust cloud - we are concerned about the floor screed breaking down and are trying hard to get the floor tiles laid as quickly as we can - Its a mammoth task though and we've had to leave other jobs in limbo..

I thought I'd take some photographs to show exactly how we are actually living - upstairs looks a bit of a mess, thats because we are living out of bags and suitcases!! Downstairs I do have the luxury of beautiful appliances and my stunning kitchen quartz worktops. The sink which was a gift from our friends Richard & Dinah (hbgroup.co.uk) is a bespoke sink with the house name 'Maple Barn' laser cut to be the overflow!! How cool is that? 
Its so nice to sit at the table and eat a meal, and to finally start entertaining my family &friends again!

The integral vacuum cleaner is now fully installed and in use; its a bit weird wrestling with a 9 metre hose but its very efficient. I just have to plug it in to one of 3 points in the house, the main unit (which holds tonnes!!) is stored in the garage. I just vacuum away - almost silently!


We have decided to try and do the jobs now that will get us to sign off  - this list is fairly long and costly!
On that list - the stairs were this weekends achievement; a while ago I blogged about gorgeous glass balustrades but sadly the budget wouldn't allow it so we've opted for traditional newel posts and spindles & I must say I love it! This weeks job will be painting it; and that may take a while....

The front door windows are in finally & have made a massive difference - we love the opaque glass, we get so much light in the hall way now.

Fingers crossed the electricians will sign us off this week & most of the house is wired & working. 
My amazing Moooi light arrived last week but can't go up until the stairwell has been painted. It weighs a ton too so we have to think of a way to support it:


We do need to sit down & invest some time organising ourselves! It helps to have a break & recharge but there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Richard & I continue to work flat out, we do really enjoy it though & always sit back and look at our achievements every day! Very satisfying...

As always I promise to try and keep the blog updated, 
Thanks for reading
W x


















No comments:

Post a Comment