Friday 5 October 2012

Progress...

Sorry I've not been here for a while! 
We went to Germany and Austria for a long weekend and then to London to Design week, attending 100%, Tent, SuperBrands amongst others!very inspiring times..
Here is the amazing view from Georg & Milo's cabin in Wildshonau in Austria
and scouring a Munich flea market with Milo - here she models her new purchases: basket 3 euros and suitcase 8 euros!! Bargain



















The new agents selling our house Grange Barn(Andrew Grant) have been marketing us well and weve had some interest - I dont want to tempt fate so I'm going to keep Mum just for a little while longer...

BUT...we DO have some progress!...

Firstly our plan permission "adjustments" have finally been signed off by Wychavon Council and we are good to go!
This is great news for us as its really only just the start of what will be a minefield and as we have never taken on anything like this project before, it's a good positive start and is what we hoped for..

The next stage is applying for connection of services - all applications take at least 6 weeks but they are finally in and well watch this space...

NOTE*** I do need to point out at this stage that whilst we haven't completed on the plot, Andy & Jenny Hill have very kindly consented and very much supported us up to this point! There is only so much we can do before the house sale progresses but timing it seems is everything!
What we dont want to happen is that we find completion looming and we havent organised these things!

My brain is in overload already EEK!!

Anyway.... Richard ( with a marvellous programme on his PC) has drawn up our ' Studio Cabin' in which we will live during the build - I will be taking bets on how long it will take in a later blog!
Here is the lovely Studio in plan (It is to scale & looking quite liveable I think!)  at the end of the project it will become my textile studio.




The photographs are only an idea of what it could look like - lets hope it'll be somewhere close...



In the meantime... I am still cutting and sticking inspirational photographs from magazines etc and have amassed a good selection of ideas for Maple Barn the end result 






On to my textiles work... Our group with Edwina McKinnon started again last week (good to be back!) and we are working on artists this term. Here is a pic of the work we did in session last Tuesday.

I also start a new term again with Ineke Berlyn using maps and art as inspiration so watch this space for progress on that.










My personal work is a little fragmented at the moment (I wonder why?!!) I need to start some Christmas gifts and also need to finish some of the things I've started too - currently Im making an ipod cover, a quilt for what will be my guest room, A bag ( to replace a sold bag, oops!!) and a cushion which I'm developing inspired by sheep!!



Apart from that...



I'll be updating soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment