Wednesday 28 August 2013

An Exciting Day!

Today I am really excited!! So excited in fact that I hardly slept last night and have the monster of all headaches! It feels a little like Christmas morning for me as The Studio is about to arrive any minute! Heres a photo of the base ready!
We've had a very productive couple of weeks and have the block and beam floor down now - it's almost finished, just a few cut blocks to be done but Paul is away and Richard works such long hours that with the time constraints he can't do much in the way of "noisy" work but he laid the blocks and found plenty to do over the Bank Holiday weekend.

note my car parked in the garage for the first time!
















We are currently having to juggle financially as the mortgage company decided to give us less money for the stage two release - this in itself is so frustrating when we've budgeted really carefully. It means we cannot order things like bricks and tiles (not exactly luxury items but really important) so this will no doubt put our schedule behind! We have to keep going back to the drawing board and decide what is a priority now - we do need to fit out the studio so that we can actually live in it whilst we build the house but unfortunately there's simply not enough money - bugger!! 
So we will be in the caravan for a tad longer; I blow hot and cold about this - its OK most of the time, I have all the cooking facilities I need and have in fact cooked some lovely meals, the bed is pretty uncomfortable and I do dream of being reunited with my own bed and then there's the shower, well, here lies the real problem, its a dribble not exactly luxurious so I would like most of all a hot, powerful shower!! We are moving the caravan next weekend to the driveway and I will lose 50% of my living space overnight! The dogs currently live and sleep in the awning and will have to come into the caravan which isn't ideal and will be very smelly!!

Preparation before it goes in the indigo vat
I'm not doing much on the textile front - I was supposed to be going to Edwina MacKinnon's house today to meet with all the ladies from my textile group, we were having an indigo day! Im sorry i'll miss this but really need to be on site! I'll have a go on my own as I bought an indigo starter kit - for those of you who don't have a clue what im talking about heres a couple of pics:

                          The result after pole wrapping


                  

And so i'll be back tomorrow with photos of my studio, well half of it as it takes 2 days! see you soon....

Wx





No comments:

Post a Comment