Tuesday 11 June 2013

Latest News

I haven't been here much lately and think perhaps I'm the worst blogger ever?!

Hopefully as things progress this month we'll have much more to share..


So I suppose the most important news is that we finally chose the building company

Sips Eco Panels based in Suffolk.
http://www.sipsecopanels.co.uk/ 
We went to see a project in Market Harborough in the early construction stage and just by chance met the owners too. It was fortuitous as we were able to question them about the company and it turns out they were really pleased and couldn't fault them - this was the final clincher!

And so we are currently working with Peter Keogh the building surveyor who is doing our Building Regs drawings

We are only on the second revision and feel we are happy with the plans! He definitely understands and translates our ideas well.
Here's a little preview of the regs so far..











We understand that delivery of the house will be approx 10 weeks once drawings are finalised! 








Richard took the day off on Friday and we received our first machines! A 2.5 tonne digger and a dumper truck - the dogs could tell something was arriving!! 


first glimpse of the delivery lorry



Heres Richard bringing the dumper truck.. 

Richard started to dig out the foundations for my studio - no prizes for guessing who like playing on all the toys!!!

I did master the art of dumper truck driving but only wish my legs were a little longer!!

Here I am in the digger...
A good weekend was had and a very productive one too! and the very very good news is that Paul our ground-worker starts on MONDAY!!!!


...and so the blogging I hope will become more interesting and I will be back sooner than you think..

bye for now
Wx

No comments:

Post a Comment